So things happened at work – apparently my clothing choices aren’t so high on the professional side. Which I accept. But professional clothes are so boring!
I hunted around and found a skirt that I didn’t completely hate. But it was still really quite ugly.
My first really proper attempt at applique. I’m still not entirely sure how to deal with the loose ends, as I couldn’t cut things close enough to get them perfectly neat.
I found this double sided interfacing (Ez-Steam II), which is all kinds of awesome (one side is sticky, the other is iron-on). This made the whole process so much easier.
Unfortunately, the skirt is linen, and I didn’t wash it before I applique’d I am worried that it will shrink if I do wash it… which is a problem. I haven’t washed it yet, but I will have to do so eventually.