In May last year, I shaved my head to raise funds for CanTeen, and to donate my hair to Beautiful Lengths, a charity that makes wigs for women who have lost their hair as a result of chemotherapy or alopecia.
In preparation for this experience, I made a range of hats. In general, the ones I made ended up much too large, as I used a pattern for substantially smaller wool than the stuff I used.
The Jayne hat turned out ok though – it fit me better here, when I had hair, than after I shaved it off. It never really fit the Squid, but it currently fits my partner (not pictured) well, as she has hair!
I continued making woolen hats for a while, and donated them all to Starship. But I got bored of knitting after about 5 months of this, and moved on to other making.